Thursday, January 14, 2010

About Me



Hi, I'm Erin. Born and raised in Dallas, I'm a full-fledged Texas girl. I'm a Communications Major here at Trinity University. I hope one day to land a job in TV Broadcasting or the advertising industry. I enjoy working for Tiger TV's Newswave
as reporter/weather anchor. In my spare time, I also love theater; last semester I acted in Trinity's production of First Years Putting on Theater in a show called Manslaughter, The Comedy. I was heavily involved in theater in high school, my favorite role being Claire Ganz in Neil Simon's comedy, Rumors. I'm also active in community service, volunteering frequently at Reading & Radio Resource, recording audiobooks for the visually impaired, and at the North Texas Food Bank. Cliche though it sounds, I love singing in the rain, dancing in the car, and my pets. (In addition to my cats, Sophie and Tacy, I am the proud parent of a new fish, Theodore. I thought it was a dignified name for a fish--if Theodore had clothing, he'd have a monocle and a pocket watch draped across his waistcoat.) I am experienced in Microsoft Office, particularly Powerpoint, and in research in library databases, but I am eager to learn more about Computers, especially about Photoshop.

You can e-mail me
here.

5 comments:

  1. Erin!
    I have to admit I also am a Texas lover! I just got some new boots for Christmas and can't wait to try them out at Cowboys Dance Hall! That's so awesome that you are so involved with acting! Besides dancing, acting would be my next fave! I've never done it on stage, but acting by myself in my room counts right? Hopefully taking an intro to acting class will help! I'll have to come watch a production!
    -Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree with you. Theodore is a pretty rockin' name for a fish. The image of a goldfish in a waistcoat with a monocle is completely hilarious. XD Although i don't sing in it, rain is possibly the best weather ever in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your blog, especially the use of different colors! And we picked the same background =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! I didn't know you were interested in theater, those productions are so much fun to watch. And I know y'all put a lot of work into making those look good. Nice job :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your introduction (and I am stealing your blog cartoon)! Thanks for all the good information - you are multitalented, and I look forward to working with you this semester.

    ReplyDelete